Friday, February 27, 2015

Vodafone EasyBox 803 forgets WLAN WiFi key Clients cant connect any more Preset Default WLAN key is not accepted

On an friends EasyBox 803 I run into the following problem:
The WiFi was running fine for Ages, but some day he called me because the Client Computers did not connect to WiFi any more. Rebooting EasyBox and Clients did not help.

How-I-fixed-it:
I connect my Computer to the EasyBox using a LAN cable and opened the WebInterface by typing http://easy.box into my browser address bar. Login using your credentials (or the standard ones "root","123456").
Select "WLAN" in the left side menu and change the WLAN key to a new one. Save the data. Enter the new key in the client computers WiFi Connection settings. This fixed it for me.

As a side note:
I then tried to set the WLAN key back to the one printed on the backside of the router. But it did not let me set it to this value because it is not allowed to set it back to the default value once it was set to a different value. So i had to stay with the new key.
for details click below

No comments:

Post a Comment